Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I write on behalf of the PNG Church Partnership, whose Trustees asked me to take over the Chair following Bishop Peter completing 5 years at our helm. Some of you may remember that he relieved me after a short three years due to the volume of commitments I had at the time. I have now retired from my full-time role as Bishop of Lynn, and look forward to giving more time and energy to our work supporting our colleagues and partners in the Gospel in ACPNG.
We hope you are well, and have come through these last 20 months relatively unscathed – though most of us have had some degree of loss or illness through it.
Next year will see (finally) a Lambeth Conference and we hope our Bishops from PNG and their wives will be here in the summer, when we will have a gathering with all of them. Meanwhile, we thought we should have another Zoom gathering this Autumn, and we hope you will join us.
The date is Thursday, November 11th starting at 7.30pm, and aiming to be finished in an hour and a half.
- Evening Prayer (ACPNG rite)
- Contributions, we hope, from PNG to include the Central Office (Acting Archbishop Nathan and Dennis Kabekabe), the new Bishop of New Guinea Islands (Bishop Reginald), the Diocese of Dogura (possibly Bishop Tennyson, and Margaret Poynton)
- Introduction to our new Treasurer (Jan Nicholson) and an update from her on how we are holding up, and recent support given
- Progress on a calendar by Ed Backhouse
- Introduction to new members of the Committee, and a reminder of our new (CIO) structure
- An opportunity for all present to introduce themselves, give news and ask questions
- Update on Lambeth Conference Plans
** Please RSVP to email@example.com so we can send you the Zoom link. We will also share the link on our website and via email, but it would be helpful to us to have your email in advance. **
On behalf of the Trustees and Committee, I send my prayers and best wishes,