In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, the Papua New Guinea Church Partnership (PNGCP) is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Organisation.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
- Each person who works within PNGCP will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established.
The Safeguarding Officer is: Kola Akinola; email: email@example.com.
Adopted on 15 June, 2023.